We’re happy to announce the first beta version of the upcoming PlatformIO IDE for VSCode 2.0.
Install Beta (updates…)
We would be thankful if you try our beta and follow this topic for further updates. We have over 900,000 unique installations of our extension and understand the price of a small mistake . Hundreds of thousands of developers could receive a broken environment. So, please help us with testing!
- Download platformio-ide-2.0.0-beta.5.vsix
- Open VSCode > Extensions > Click on
...and select “Install from VSIX…”
- Select VSIX file, install it!
- Happy coding!
If you have any issues, please open “VSCode > Help > Toggle Developers Tools” and check “Console” for any errors. You can also see in the Console the whole installation or startup process.
What is New (updates…)
Requires VSCode 1.44 or above
- New PlatformIO Task Explorer
- Instant access to the Project Tasks within the VSCode Explorer
- Grouped tasks: Generic, Advanced, PIO Remote, Platform, Custom, etc.
- Support for PlatformIO dev-platform tasks (Program FPGA bitstream, Burn bootloader, Upload to FS, OTA Update, etc). The list of tasks depends on a particular dev-platform
- Access to User Custom Targets
- New Project Environment Switcher
- New PlatformIO Core Installer
- Switched to the cross-platform and portable get-platformio.py installer script
- Use built-in portable Python 3 on Windows (it can be disabled with
- Added support for
platformio.iniproject configuration file (issue #1371)
- Contribute PlatformIO Core CLI into VSCode’s default Terminal
- Reduced startup time (PIO Core verification process)
- Fixed a bug when hotkeys in PIO Home did not work on macOS (issue #606)
Please check Milestone 2.0.0 in our open source repository.
Your friends at PlatformIO