There is a piece of good news here. We are so happy to present the first MVP of the
PlatformIO plugin for CLion. Big thanks to JetBrains CLion Team, especially to @elmot for his amazing work.
This is not the final release. We just want to get some feedback and would be thankful if you help us to build a list with the most important features.
How to try it?
- Install the latest CLion EAP
- Download PlatformIO for Clion Plugin
- Install the plugin: CLion > Preferences > Plugins > > Install Plugin from Disk … > Select ZIP archive
- Upgrade PlatformIO Core to the latet 4.1.0 or above via
- Generate PlatformIO project for CLion using docs http://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/ide/clion.html
- Open a project with CLion and add
PlatformIOto configuration using CLion > Run > Edit Configurations… > [+] > PlatformIO > Give a name
Select “PlatformIO Debug” configuration and press “Debug” icon
Happy debugging with PlatformIO and CLion.
[R]icon (hot-restart) currently only resets + halts target, and does not move execution to initial breakpoint. This is will be fixed in the next version. A temporary solution is to put breakpoints in the code and press “Continue”.