Problem creating project for Visual Studio with ESP-IDF platform for wRower board

I am following the instructions to create a project with ESP-IDF with Visual Studio IDE for a TTGo T8 V1.7.1 card. Following issues 2591and 2972 on espressif github (sorry for missing links but I am not allowed to include more than 2 links as new user ?!?), I choose WROWER board and specified patform ESP-IDF to avoid installing Arduino-ESP32. Error message says that Error: this board doesn't support ESP-IDF framework contrary to board info on PIO:

$ platformio project init --ide visualstudio --board esp-wrover-kit --project-option "framework=ESP-IDF"

The current working directory D:\Gabriel\DevHardware\MyEStation\sw\Test will beused for the project.

The next files/directories have been created in D:\Gabriel\DevHardware\MyEStation\sw\Test
    include - Put project header files here
    lib - Put here project specific (private) libraries
    src - Put project source files here
  platformio.ini - Project Configuration File
PlatformManager: Installing espressif32
espressif32 @ 1.11.2 has been successfully installed!
PackageManager: Installing toolchain-xtensa32 @ ~2.50200.0
toolchain-xtensa32 @ 2.50200.80 has been successfully installed!    
PackageManager: Installing tool-esptoolpy @ ~1.20600.0
tool-esptoolpy @ 1.20600.0 has been successfully installed!
The platform 'espressif32' has been successfully installed!
The rest of packages will be installed automatically depending on your build environment.
Error: Processing esp-wrover-kit (platform: espressif32; board: esp-wrover-kit; framework: ESP-IDF)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CorePackageManager: Installing tool-scons @ ~3.30102.0
tool-scons @ 3.30102.0 has been successfully installed!
Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
CONFIGURATION: https://docs.platformio.org/page/boards/espressif32/esp-wrover-kit.html
PLATFORM: Espressif 32 1.11.2 > Espressif ESP-WROVER-KIT
HARDWARE: ESP32 240MHz, 320KB RAM, 4MB Flash
DEBUG: Current (ftdi) On-board (ftdi) External (esp-prog, iot-bus-jtag, jlink, 
minimodule, olimex-arm-usb-ocd, olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h, olimex-arm-usb-tiny-h, 
olimex-jtag-tiny, tumpa)
PACKAGES:
 - tool-esptoolpy 1.20600.0 (2.6.0)
 - toolchain-xtensa32 2.50200.80 (5.2.0)    
Error: This board doesn't support ESP-IDF framework!
========================== [FAILED] Took 1.72 seconds ==========================

How should I install my board to integrate with Visual Studio and ESP-IDF ?

P.S. Do I need to adjust memory some where ? WROVER has only 320 KB of memory while TTGO T8 should support more external RAM (11512 KB ?) given the memory chips mounted (IPUS IPS6404LSQ & Winbond 25Q32JV).

You have to abide by the naming rules of PIO, if you look into

https://github.com/platformio/platform-espressif32/blob/develop/examples/espidf-blink/platformio.ini#L12

You’ll see it’s framework = espidf, not ESP-IDF. Also double check that that’s the only framework = line in the platformio.ini then.

Thank you.

$ platformio project init --ide visualstudio --board esp-wrover-kit --project-option "framework=espidf"

works. This solved the issue.

I am still having problems with running the demo. Update: I have created a [new issue]
(Visual Studio: Unable to upload firmware (unable to start platformio.exe error message)).