PIO Windows Platform Error 1

celebrated a little early. I powered it all back up and my screen on the printer just has 2 rows out of 4 with blocks going across.

Is there something in the config file I need to enable for this?

There are a million config options listed here: Configuring Marlin | Marlin Firmware which give instructions on how to modify the Configuration.h file (Marlin/Configuration.h at 1.1.x Ā· MarlinFirmware/Marlin Ā· GitHub). E.g. character-based (which you apparently have) or graphical LCDs are configured here. Unless you know every detail of your 3D printer I would not attempt to create your own configuration, but instead ask those people you know what the correct Marlin configuration for your hardware is, otherwise this is very cumbersome. If the LCD doesnā€™t work, chances are other stuff doesnā€™t too. But at least you can now upload new firmwares to the board to update it.

Hereā€™s a link collection that might help you for the configuration:

I found in the config file a a bunch of options for different boards. they have a section just for my board I just have to uncomment the section for the LCD

Ok I think I have better news. In the Marlin folder of the file they have example_configurations folder that has a bunch of different printers that must use the marlin firmware and the x3a is in there. So I might be in luck.

Oh right there is Marlin/Marlin/example_configurations/Tronxy/X3A at 1.1.x Ā· MarlinFirmware/Marlin Ā· GitHub. Does it work when you replace the old config files with these two headers files?

OKā€¦ So I started over from scratch. I took out deleted the conf file and config adv file from the platformio.ini and replaced it with the ones in the example folder. I made the changes you gave me in previous post. I also had to install LiquidCrystal.h it was missing for the LCD. After that I did a PIO Build and succeeded. Then did a upload with programmer and it loaded perfectly. :slight_smile: I turned on my printer and BAM it works.

I really appreciate ALL you help. THANK YOU

2 Likes

Ok I have not printed but it seems to be working. I do have a couple little issues.

1. When powered off then back on the X Y Z flash from 0 to ?
    after auto home I get values
  2. If I leave it at idle it will flash with the values.
    Any ideas?

Sounds great :+1:

I think itā€™s best to ask the people who wrote the firmware on questions on why the Marlin firmware does something specifically. E.g., open an issue at Issues Ā· MarlinFirmware/Marlin Ā· GitHub with the Marlin version youā€™re running and your configuration.