No feedback in platformio's seiral monitor

When i use arduino, i open the serial monitor, and i can enter some text in the serial port, but today i used the platformio, i opened the serial monitor, and i want enter some words, but there was no feedback

I want to read a character through the serial port, but I can’t type anything in the serial port in Platformio, only CTRL + some function keys can be used. I just want to know how to input in serial port monitor :joy:

By defaults, character are not echoed back to you. Still, the characters are sent to your board. Use a monitor flag to enable that miniterm.py echoes back characters.

monitor_flags =
    --echo

in the platformio.ini.

This topic is also a duplicate of

First of all, thank you very much for your reply. It is possible to get a response in serial Monitor through the above line of code, but for example: When I type abcd, when I press Backspace, the cursor moves to the left, but abcd does not disappear. When I type 5678 again, abcd will be replaced by 5678. I wonder how to delete the input data directly after pressing backspace instead of simply moving the cursor
捕获3

Every character is sent directly as you typed it. You can’t retract what you sent back – pressing the backspace key will send the DEL ASCII character value (0x7F) to the board. The Arduino will then have to catch that value and act accordingly.

The behavior might be different if you tell minimterm.py to only send things when you press enter.

monitor_filters = send_on_enter

(per docs)

Thank you. It’s been a big help

Hello, I tryed it but… but I have a little problem

Here, the line “Serial,println(“Escri…”)” must be writed before that wait for my string.

This is my platform.ini

My problem is that all the serial port need my enter press. I mean, the supposed behavior is that appear "Escribe algo: ", and then, i write something, press enter and is sended.
BUT, right now, I don’t see anything, and I need press enter to see the first text "Escribe algo: "… In addition, if I write anything before press enter, when I press enter, I see “Escribe algo”: and my own text. It write all thins when i press enter as a… “package”, all at the same time no as I need

Why I need press enter even for text that must be showed by itself?

Thanks a lot

The options “write every keystroke you type directly on the serial monitor” and “send the full string only after pressing enter” are two separate options. You will want to add the line

monitor_echo = yes

in the platformio.ini to get the keystroke echo, just like the documentation says.

Perfect, that it is, thanks a lot