No definition found

W10 64, Core 5.2.0b1, Home 3.3.4
I have project with some libraries defined in platformio.ini via lib_deps.
I can build project and load it to the esp8266. It is working but I can’t use F12 on some libraries in the code. They are not highlighted as “known” library.
What is strange, that I have my own header file with some defined variables like #define LED_PIN 15.
This header is included in the main.cpp file but when I hit F12 (focus on LED_PIN) I get “No definition found for ‘LED_PIN’”. But as I mentioned I can compile it with no errors !!!

This project has located on my D drive (physical) in some directories. When I moved whole project to the c:\Users{user}\Documents\PlatformIO then everything work OK !!!.
I also checked c_cpp_properties.json and all paths are OK.
I did delete whole .pio folder to get fresh libraries, but did not help on D drive.
Can somebody tell what I’m missing here ?
Thank you in advance.
Dan

So, what’s the platformio.ini, code and definition you’re trying to follow?

I have to use D drive as development drive, so I can’t move projects.
What I’m missing is that I can’t get property, functions… for instances I’m creating in my code.
Strange thing is that some libraries are OK and some not, but I can compile code. I have to remember
properties I want to use and all parameters … it is not helping me.

I didn’t ask you to move the project, I asked you to show the platformio.ini, code and the definition you’re trying to follow :smiley:

platformio.ini

[env:Wire_HB3]
platform = espressif8266
board = nodemcuv2
framework = arduino
monitor_speed = 115200
board_build.f_cpu = 160000000L
upload_speed = 921600
lib_deps = 
  adafruit/Adafruit GFX Library@^1.10.5
  adafruit/Adafruit ST7735 and ST7789 Library@^1.6.0
  bblanchon/ArduinoJson@^6.18.3
  tzapu/WiFiManager @ ^0.16.0
  plerup/EspSoftwareSerial@^6.11.4

code

And I have already rebuild intellisense index many times :frowning:

Works for me.

1. Make sure you’ve switched to the correct project + environment using the project environment switcher
  2. Build the project once to ensure all libraries are downloaded.
  3. Issue a rebuild intellise command (Ctrl+Shift+P → Rebuild IntelliSense)
  4. Make sure your code file is a .cpp file, not .ino.

It should look like

If that is not the case, you may have conflicting VSCode extensions installed.

Thank you for your answer.

Works for me on C drive too :slight_smile:

1. I have only one project open and one project env
  2. as I mentioned I deleted all .pio directory to get fresh libraries
  3. I did it many times - not help
  4. My file is main.cpp

Why is this working on C drive when I just copy whole project to the Documents\PlatformIO folder ?
Any PATH variable missing ?

I removed the project from the VSCode workspace, moved it the D: drive, used the PIO Home → Open Project button to re-import it, then re-selected the Wire_HB3 environment in the project environment switcher, and I’m back to a working setup. Deleting the .vscode/c_cpp_properties.json and issuing a rebuild also correctly re-creates the file.

Can you show a complete screenshot of VScode and the contents of the c_cpp_properties.json?

I have deleted also c_cpp_properties.json file and again all files in .pio dir.
Now I’m getting this error (first time !!)

Add adafruit/Adafruit BusIO @ ^1.9.1 to th lib_deps.

It helps to compile, link and build project with no errors. But the “No definition found” is still there :slight_smile:

^this here pls — (blah blah 20 chars)

//

// !!! WARNING !!! AUTO-GENERATED FILE!
// PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY IT AND USE "platformio.ini":
// https://docs.platformio.org/page/projectconf/section_env_build.html#build-flags
//
{
    "configurations": [
        {
            "name": "PlatformIO",
            "includePath": [
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/include",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266httpUpdate/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266HTTPClient/src",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/EspSoftwareSerial/src",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/WiFiManager",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WebServer/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/DNSServer/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFi/src",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/ArduinoJson/src",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/Adafruit ST7735 and ST7789 Library",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/Adafruit GFX Library",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/Adafruit BusIO",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Wire",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SPI",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/include",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/cores/esp8266",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/include",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/lwip2/include",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/variants/nodemcu",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/Adafruit seesaw Library",
                "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/SD",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ArduinoOTA",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/EEPROM",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266AVRISP/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266HTTPUpdateServer/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266LLMNR",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266NetBIOS",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266SSDP",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266SdFat/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFiMesh/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266mDNS/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Ethernet/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/GDBStub/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Hash/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/I2S/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/LittleFS/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Netdump/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SD/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SDFS/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SPISlave/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Servo/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SoftwareSerial/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/TFT_Touch_Shield_V2",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Ticker/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/esp8266/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/lwIP_PPP/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/lwIP_enc28j60/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/lwIP_w5100/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/lwIP_w5500/src",
                "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/tool-unity",
                ""
            ],
            "browse": {
                "limitSymbolsToIncludedHeaders": true,
                "path": [
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/include",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266httpUpdate/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266HTTPClient/src",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/EspSoftwareSerial/src",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/WiFiManager",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WebServer/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/DNSServer/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFi/src",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/ArduinoJson/src",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/Adafruit ST7735 and ST7789 Library",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/Adafruit GFX Library",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/Adafruit BusIO",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Wire",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SPI",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/include",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/cores/esp8266",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/include",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/lwip2/include",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/variants/nodemcu",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/Adafruit seesaw Library",
                    "D:/DS/Elektrika/projekty/Zumpa/HomeBase/Wire_HB3/.pio/libdeps/Wire_HB3/SD",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ArduinoOTA",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/EEPROM",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266AVRISP/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266HTTPUpdateServer/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266LLMNR",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266NetBIOS",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266SSDP",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266SdFat/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFiMesh/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266mDNS/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Ethernet/src",

"C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/GDBStub/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Hash/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/I2S/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/LittleFS/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Netdump/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SD/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SDFS/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SPISlave/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Servo/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SoftwareSerial/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/TFT_Touch_Shield_V2",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Ticker/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/esp8266/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/lwIP_PPP/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/lwIP_enc28j60/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/lwIP_w5100/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/lwIP_w5500/src",
                    "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/tool-unity",
                    ""
                ]
            },
            "defines": [
                "PLATFORMIO=50200",
                "ESP8266",
                "ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP8266",
                "ARDUINO_ESP8266_NODEMCU_ESP12E",
                "F_CPU=160000000L",
                "__ets__",
                "ICACHE_FLASH",
                "ARDUINO=10805",
                "ARDUINO_BOARD=\"PLATFORMIO_NODEMCUV2\"",
                "FLASHMODE_DIO",
                "LWIP_OPEN_SRC",
                "NONOSDK22x_190703=1",
                "TCP_MSS=536",
                "LWIP_FEATURES=1",
                "LWIP_IPV6=0",
                "VTABLES_IN_FLASH",
                "MMU_IRAM_SIZE=0x8000",
                "MMU_ICACHE_SIZE=0x8000",
                ""
            ],
            "cStandard": "c17",
            "cppStandard": "c++17",
            "compilerPath": "C:/Users/DS/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe",
            "compilerArgs": [
                "-mlongcalls",
                "-mtext-section-literals",
                ""
            ]
        }
    ],
    "version": 4
}

Use the project environment switcher to switch away from the “Default” environment to the explicit Wire_HB3 env.

I do not know how to delete “Default” env. But anyway I’m building project from Wire_HB3 env.
build

You don’t have to delete it, just click on the project environment switcher and select the env:Wire_HB3 one

grafik

Done.
env
Build it. Same :frowning:

List of installed extensions?

Version of VSCode?

How can I get list of installed extensions ?

• Core 5.2.0b1
  • ·
  • Home 3.3.4

Version: 1.60.0 (system setup)
Commit: e7d7e9a9348e6a8cc8c03f877d39cb72e5dfb1ff
Date: 2021-09-01T10:41:52.311Z
Electron: 13.1.8
Chrome: 91.0.4472.164
Node.js: 14.16.0
V8: 9.1.269.39-electron.0

Just a screenshot of the “Extensions” sidebar in VSCode.