Hello PlatformIO Community,
I am failing to get my Intellisense / PlatformOI installation to reliably offer standard Arduino functions, such as
delay() or even my own variables (even vars/functions defined in the file I am currently editing).
It is also squiggly-lining ALL of my variables in my .h file saying
redefinition of 'variable'
My success with intellisense is intermittent - works great one day, then the next day something in my world causes intellisense to offer almost no help (just a lot of things I do not recognize). I can not detect what I am doing wrong.
I inserted #include <Arduino.h> at the top of each of the five files in my project. I have tried packing #includes for all files into all files. Things improved when I deleted all includes in all files, except for my main .cpp, then went back to each file and added back in only includes required in that file - the squiggles disappeared and then intellisense began working wonderfully, but my .h redefinition problem persists. And if I fix all this today - I may unknowingly ruin it tomorrow.
I am using Win10, PlatformIO, and VSCode, Microsoft C++, (target device UNO). I made the switch from Arduino IDE two weeks ago. . My C++ coding skill level = “Stairway to Heaven” without the solo - not advanced, but no longer pitiful.