Copy esp32 bin file to other folder

In the documentation is stated that you could set a folder name as upload_port. (Redirecting...)

I just tried this but the esptool does not like that option and expects a com port or ip/url address,

Is there something i also need to setup to get that working,
I have an ESP32 connected to a remote computer, and i can’t use OTA solution, the wifi is turned off on this esp32.

However the remote computer has a USB-UART connection and i will do the upload my own way. using file upload and the update,h lib.

thanks for your help

It states that that is the case for mbed-enabled boards, aka in conjuction with upload_protocol = mbed – there it makes sense.

Sounds like you just want to connect to a remote computer and from there upload via serial? PIO remote is made exactly for this usecase.

Sounds like you just want to connect to a remote computer and from there upload via serial? PIO remote is made exactly for this usecase.

I did read about it but sorry to say i lost in the documentation. A simple stap by step would be great. But at some point i needed to login somewhere and i do not know why, i Just want to move a file within my own network nothing fancy.

Just copy the file in a shared folder , the app on the server will find it and will do his work.

Discussed in How to build or copy after build in additional directory?. A small python extra script will do the job here.

That looks good is there somewhere a script that does just that? I’m no python programmer. With ArduinoIDE it was just possible to do an batch file with a copy function in it. Worked very well.

But VScode with platformIO works for project much simpler then ArduinoIDE. I use that only for prototyping and watching examples.