PlatformIO Community

CLion problems with new Core 5.1.1·Home 3.3.4

I installed CLion and PlatformIO on a new W10 computer. There are lot of problems (it was working fine with older version of PlatformIO / CLion on another computer).
The most annoying and blocking one is to add libraries to compile Wemos programs.
Now that we have to add libraries for each project,
I don’t know if it is a Chrome restriction access or windows but a Chrome page on http://127.0.0.1:8008/ can’t add a library, it find them, propose to add them but run forever without adding them.
Whereas I tried with VSCode, and it works.
if I copy the libraries added by VSCode to the project of CLion, it can compile using CLion/PlatformIO
Any ideas ?

If there is a regression, please file a bug in https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues?q=tag:%20platformio with the tag platformio.

they tell me to see with platformIO support
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/CPP-24782

Maybe @ivankravets can have a look at this regarding the things in the bugtracker entry.

1 Like

Hi @blotfi ! Strange, but I cannot reproduce the issue with CLion 2021.1. Are there any non-ascii symbols in the path to your project? Also, could you please try to open the Terminal tab in CLion and run the pio system info command?

--------------------------  --------------------------------------------------------
PlatformIO Core             5.1.1
Python                      3.8.0-final.0
System Type                 windows_amd64
Platform                    Windows-10
File System Encoding        utf-8
Locale Encoding             cp1252
PlatformIO Core Directory   C:\Users\my\.platformio
PlatformIO Core Executable  c:\Users\my\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe
Python Executable           c:\users\my\.platformio\penv\scripts\python.exe
Global Libraries            0
Development Platforms       2
Tools & Toolchains          11
--------------------------  --------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps should I move to CLion 2021.1 if you say that it works under that
I think also it can be a problem of restriction to Chrome by Windows to access directories? How can I find out?

I am in CLion 2021.1
I launched Chrome with admin rigths
no way

here is a log when trying to add the library
(beware the edition here modify my directory : it is a correct one with \ between my username and .platformio )
Clearly there is a problem of UnicodeDecodeError
but where?

Error: None
Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name=‘Task-61’ coro=<WebSocketJSONRPCServer._handle_rpc() done, defined at c:\users\my.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\commands\home\rpc\server.py:92> exception=UnicodeDecodeError(‘utf-8’, b’Error: [WinError 2] Le fichier sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable\r\n’, 33, 34, ‘invalid continuation byte’)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “c:\users\my.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\commands\home\rpc\server.py”, line 96, in handle_rpc
click.secho(“Error: %s” % response.error.data, fg=“red”, err=True)
File "c:\users\my.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio_main
.py", line 98, in
click.secho = lambda *args, **kwargs: safe_echo(1, *args, **kwargs)
File "c:\users\my.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio_main
.py", line 91, in _safe_echo
click_echo_origin[origin](*args, **kwargs)
File “c:\users\my.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\termui.py”, line 548, in secho
return echo(message, file=file, nl=nl, err=err, color=color)
File “c:\users\my.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\utils.py”, line 272, in echo
file.write(message)
File “c:\users\my.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\commands\home\rpc\handlers\piocore.py”, line 53, in write
value.decode() if is_bytes(value) else value
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe9 in position 33: invalid continuation byte

Are there any non-ascii symbols in the path to your project or in your username?

no there is no non-ASCII char in my path