Artillery Ruby STM32F104RCT6

Hello,
I have been trying to compile Marlin 2.0.9.2 for the Artillery Ruby board and continue to receive the error: unknown board for MOTHERBOARD BOARD_ARTILLERY_RUBY
I have noticed this board is also known as the STM32F104RCT6 which is supposed to now be genericstm32 so not sure what to do here other than ask how i can add the board to the list to be included.

Thank you. hope this is explained somewhat clearly

I see you’ve also opened issue [FR] (feature summary) · Issue #22987 · MarlinFirmware/Marlin · GitHub about this, you should have referenced that info.

I have 0 problems when I git clone https://github.com/artillery3d/hornet-firmware.git and compile for the artillery_rub environment.

>pio run -e artillery_ruby
legacy Click
Processing artillery_ruby (platform: ststm32@~8.0; board: Artillery_Ruby; framework: arduino)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Platform Manager: Installing ststm32 @ ~8.0
Downloading  [####################################]  100%
Unpacking  [####################################]  100%
Platform Manager: ststm32 @ 8.0.0 has been installed!
The platform 'ststm32@~8.0' has been successfully installed!
The rest of the packages will be installed later depending on your build environment.
Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
CONFIGURATION: https://docs.platformio.org/page/boards/ststm32/Artillery_Ruby.html
PLATFORM: ST STM32 (8.0.0) > STM32F401RC (64k RAM. 256k Flash)
HARDWARE: STM32F401RCT6 84MHz, 64KB RAM, 256KB Flash
DEBUG: Current (jlink) External (jlink, stlink)
PACKAGES:
 - framework-arduinoststm32 4.10900.200819 (1.9.0)
 - framework-cmsis 2.50501.200527 (5.5.1)
 - toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi 1.90201.191206 (9.2.1)
Converting Marlin.ino
LDF: Library Dependency Finder -> http://bit.ly/configure-pio-ldf
LDF Modes: Finder ~ chain, Compatibility ~ soft
Library Manager: Installing U8glib-HAL @ ~0.4.1
Library Manager: U8glib-HAL @ 0.4.5 has been installed!
Found 11 compatible libraries
Scanning dependencies...
Dependency Graph
|-- <U8glib-HAL> 0.4.5
|   |-- <Wire> 1.0
|   |-- <SPI> 1.0
|-- <SPI> 1.0
|-- <Servo> 1.1.2
|-- <SoftwareSerial> 1.0
|-- <IWatchdog> 1.0.0
|-- <Wire> 1.0
|-- <EEPROM> 2.0.1
Building in release mode
Compiling .pio\build\artillery_ruby\FrameworkArduinoVariant\PeripheralPins.c.o
[...]
Building .pio\build\artillery_ruby\firmware.bin
Advanced Memory Usage is available via "PlatformIO Home > Project Inspect"
RAM:   [====      ]  39.5% (used 25888 bytes from 65536 bytes)
Flash: [======    ]  61.0% (used 159868 bytes from 262144 bytes)
========================================================================================= [SUCCESS] Took 50.38 seconds =========================================================================================

Environment     Status    Duration
--------------  --------  ------------
artillery_ruby  SUCCESS   00:00:50.377
=============== 1 succeeded in 00:00:50.377 ===============

Please show your full build output.

Huh? The output shows it as a STM32F401RC chip, not as a STM32F104RC.

you are correct! my fault and apologies for the typo there, i assure you i meant 104RC, thank you. currently blowing away my current settings for a fresh git clone

So thank you for pointing these out, i too had no issue with a fresh git and compile of the 2.0.7 Marlin, however when i try to compile for the 2.0.9.2 for the Artillery Ruby is when all heck breaks loose. I even did a git with merge unrelated histories from 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.7 and oh boy was that ugly. mind you i am relatively new to VS and git so after clicking Accept incoming changes about 500 times (a few hundred more to go)… i am not sure this will work either way as i did notice the ARTILLERY_RUBY was removed from boards.h when i accepted one of the incoming changes.

Try to identify only the part which was board-specific and add those back into the new Marlin version, while looking out for configuration options / macro names that may have changed.

Beyond that, supporting Marlin development with new boards is out of scope for me. I can only give you the pointers to Development | Marlin Firmware and a recent community topic about this that may give you some ideas.

1 Like