Adding components in ESP-IDF

I’m starting to code some little examples with the mission to learn IDF and I stumbled upon this components folder:

components/
your_git_cloned_lib

That is many projects for example in : tarablessd1306_examples/HelloWorld/components at master · TaraHoleInIt/tarablessd1306_examples · GitHub (SSD oled library example)

So I was wondering if there is a way I can tell Platformio, hey please put the libraries declared on patformio.ini :

lib_deps =
GitHub - TaraHoleInIt/tarablessd1306: SSD1306 Component for the ESP-IDF SDK

Not in .piolibdeps but instead in components folder?
Otherwise, it does not make so much sense to use this ini file when using IDF. If any of you has a way to do it please tell. Excuse me if it’s kind of dumb question, I’m just starting with this new platform.

1 Like

We currently don’t support custom components. We use own build system, not make/cmake.

You can file a feature request here Issues · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub

Are components still not supported?

I want to try this example esp-idf/examples/provisioning/custom_config at release/v3.2 · espressif/esp-idf · GitHub

I moved files from “main” in to “src” directory. And I moved files from “components\custom_provisioning” to “lib” directory.

The VSC cann find all files and don’t show anny errors. But some errors will be shown by build of the project.

Error message:
.pioenvs\esp32doit-devkit-v1\src\app_prov.o:(.literal.app_prov_start_softap_provisioning+0x3c): undefined reference to `custom_prov_config_data_handler’
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
*** [.pioenvs\esp32doit-devkit-v1\firmware.elf] Error 1

1 Like

Waiting for that feature

Latest version has components support. See documentation here.

1 Like