What Version of ESP8266 RTOS SDK is PlatformIO Using?

I just downloaded it, and I saw the temp file was labelled 1.5beta. I read this is REALLY old, and their current version more closely resembles ESP_IDF.

Why is PlatformIO still using 1.5? How would you get the latest ESP8266 RTOS SDK?

Duplicate of Support for ESP-IDF style ESP8266_RTOS_SDK · Issue #125 · platformio/platform-espressif8266 · GitHub and Outdated version of ESP8266 RTOS SDK · Issue #192 · platformio/platform-espressif8266 · GitHub. There are also third-party provided platforms there, but no PlatformIO provided one yet.

package.json located .platformio\packages\framework-espidf shows "version": "3.30300.190916"
package.json located .platformio\packages\framework-esp8266-rtos-sdk shows "version": "1.5.0-beta.5"

1 Like

Also note that this ESP-IDF is for ESP32 GitHub - espressif/esp-idf: Espressif IoT Development Framework. Official development framework for Espressif SoCs. not the latest IDF-style GitHub - espressif/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK: Latest ESP8266 SDK based on FreeRTOS, esp-idf style..

You meant the ESP2866 RTOS SDK is the old style (v1.5), not the v3.x version which closely resembles ESP-IDF style?

So the ESP8266 RTOS SDK in PlatformIO users user_init() instead of app_main(), and it used the ld files for the flash partitions instead of the partition.csv files.

The latest Espressif ESP-IDF is v4.x