Using lib_extra_dirs appears to create multiple entries in Installed list in Libraries

Visual Studio Code 1.49.0 on Windows 10.0.18363
PlatformIO Core 5.0.1 Home 3.3.0

I’ve a number of projects where I am using lib_extra_dirs (as the libraries are not installed globally). In the Libraries Installed view, the storage location is repeated multiple times, even though they expand to show the same libraries.

I have six libraries at the folder location, but it’s not clear why the folder is repeated four times. The projects using the lib_extra_dirs are not in the workspace, so I presume platformio is storing the path somewhere (I couldn’t find any documentation on that)? Is it possible that one entry is created/cached for each project that has ever used that lib_extra_dirs location?

Thanks

Possible GUI bug @ivankravets.

2 Likes

Please file an issue at Issues · platformio/platformio-home · GitHub and make a reference to this thread. Thanks!

2 Likes

Has this issue been addressed?

I’ve got the same problem.

Omar

With what exact folder setup and platformio.ini are you getting that GUI error?

I’m not sure I understand your question.

Without opening any projects, after launching the PIO plug-in in VSCode for macOS, going to the Libraries tab, then the Installed tab, I see three instances of the same thing (see image).

Can you clarify your question please?

Okay, it’s the same as the first post.

The issue Using lib_extra_dirs appears to create multiple entries in Installed list in Libraries · Issue #1283 · platformio/platformio-home · GitHub was created but marked as stale since nothing happened on it for a month.

I think you comment on there and @ivankravets can re-open the issue.

2 Likes

@maxgerhardt, thanks, reopened! We will take a look that this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for update and quick reply. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. looking for the same information.

My CC Pay