Upload to Arduino Nano 328P via HC-05

Hi everyone,

I am a 3D printing hobbyist and for the past several years I have used platformio and visual studio code to help modify and send updated firmware to the machines in my print farm. I recently took interest in remote code uploads via bluetooth so I got my hands on the HC-05 bluetooth serial module. I followed a guide I found that enabled me to remotely upload via the Arduino IDE. So that is working so far. I would very much like to continue code development in the platformio IDE. My platformio.ini text is given below. I get the following error when attempting to upload. My bluetooth module registers on COM36, for what its worth. I have tried specifying the port in the ini file but then I get an error that says it can not locate COM36.
Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong? Thanks, - Beshoy

Error: Please specify upload_port for environment or use global --upload-port option.

[env:nanoatmega328]
platform = atmelavr
board = nanoatmega328
framework = arduino
1 Like

So you did write upload_port = COM36 and also observed that in the Windows device manager during the upload, COM36 is there and it’s not being used by any other program, e.g. serial monitor?

1 Like