'Update All' deletes STM32 upstream version toolchain

Hello, new user with couple of questions/comment…
First of all a huge thank you to all of the developers/contributors.

Ubuntu 18.04
VSCode 1.42.0

Arduino STM32 Bluepill project
Using the latest upstream version ST STM32 development platform:
platformio.ini:
[env:upstream_develop]
platform = GitHub - platformio/platform-ststm32: ST STM32: development platform for PlatformIO

Today I did an ‘Update All’ and noticed that it deleted the toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi version used by the upstream version ST STM32 development platform:
Terminal:
Uninstalling toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ 1.90201.191206: [OK]

After that happened I built the project and it had to re-download that same toolchain version.

Did the ‘Update All’ work as intended?
Is there a way to prevent deleteting the toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi version used by the upstream version ST STM32 development platform?

I have everything backed-up so could I just manually restore the toolchain directory or would that corrupt anything?

Also - I upgraded to Core 4.2.0 but the Home screen still shows 4.1.0 (I did restart IDE a few times)

Thanks again!

Do you have your VSCode extensions settings set to to not use the built-in core?

No I didn’t - sorry…

But after un-checking that nothing changed so I restarted VSCode but now it’s stuck in a loop, every time I restart VSCode I get the following:

Installing PlatformIO Core…

Please do not close this window and do not open other folders until this process is completed.

PlatformIO IDE installed successfully.

Please restart VSCode.

Yikes. Can you reselect “use built-in core” and “use dev version”?

OK selecting those 2 no more loop and now I see Core 4.2.1a1.

Do you recommend using the dev version?

Do you have stable version of this dev-platform?

This is a bug of VSCode, it does not call “deactivate” when user closes the editor. As a result, we can’t kill the previous instance of PIO Home server. It will be killed autoamtically after 1 hour timeout.
You can also kill it manually opening system task manager and killing all python.exe processes.

Thanks for the reply.
I initially built with the stable version but switched to the upstream version by adding to the ini file:

[env:upstream_develop]
platform = GitHub - platformio/platform-ststm32: ST STM32: development platform for PlatformIO