Unclear how to implement libraries in ESP-IDF framework

I am attempting to implement esp-idf GitHub libraries, but every method i’ve tried results in the same #include errors detected. Please update your includePath. I’ve viewed multiple relevant issues on this forum about making a components file and modifying CMake files, but to no avail. I am trying to install this library, and after all I’ve read it remains totally unclear to me how to proceed.

IntelliSense errors are secondary, focus on making it build first. In fact, the IntelliSense for an ESP-IDF project is only updated after a build, before that it’s mostly meaningless.

As noted in the official documentation, a ESP-IDF project can have a components folder in which ESP-IDF components (“libraries”, in a sense), can be placed. The library you link to is in fact an ESP-IDF project with a main (source folder) and components folder (where all the needed components / libraries are, such as tft). You can copy those folders into your project as well. An official example also showcases this.

However, as you can see in the Git, this project is 4 to 5 years old and was written against a much older ESP-IDF version. It has compatiblity problems with the ESP-IDF version used in the most current ESP32 platform (per releases, 4.3.1). These compilation and compatibility problems have already been discussed at length at the topic SPIFFS Not Recognized. See also notes at ESP-IDF Release v4.0 Support & Open PR Consolidation by jeremyjh · Pull Request #79 · loboris/ESP32_TFT_library · GitHub.

Since the library is highly outdated and abandoned by the original author 4 years ago, and the last bugfixes from other people are now 2 years old, I highly suggest using a different library, such as LVGL.