Unable to installing ttgo-tdisplay-emulator @ *

Here is the log info:

Executing task: C:\Users\20597.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe run <
Processing emulator (platform: espressif32; board: esp32dev; framework: espidf)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tool Manager: Installing ttgo-tdisplay-emulator @ *
Error: Could not find the package with ‘ttgo-tdisplay-emulator @ *’ requirements for your system ‘windows_amd64’
The terminal process “C:\Users\20597.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe ‘run’” terminated with exit code: 1.
Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

And the related code in platform.ini:
[env:emulator]
platform_packages = ttgo-tdisplay-emulator
upload_protocol = custom
upload_command = $PROJECT_PACKAGES_DIR/ttgo-tdisplay-emulator/emulate $SOURCE $BUILD_DIR $PROJECT_PACKAGES_DIR

Why it can’t install the specified platform_package? Should I download some package in somewhere before I build the project?

That’s not a platform package, at least not uploaded by PlatformIO (https://api.registry.platformio.org/v3/packages/platformio/tool/ttgo-tdisplay-emulator).

Where does it say that that is a valid package? Did you copy those instructions from somewhere?

That’s from a demo given by my mentor. There would be something I missed. Let me do some more checks. Thank you for your tips!

The only way this could work is if you manually created the package in C:\Users\20597\.platformio\packages\ttgo-tdisplay-emulator\, that is with at least a valid package.json (example) and the emulate executable fitting for your OS, or pointed to the location of the package on the harddive with platform_packages = ttgo-tdisplay-emulator @ file://<path to package>. But for that you should have been given the package file.

I know what to do next, thank you for your guidance!