Two solutions to undefined macro definitions in the esp32s3 idf example

My board is an esp32-s3 board, let the generic_gpio for example:.
platformio\packages\framework-espidf\examples\peripherals\gpio\generic_gpio\
If you using platformio compile the example rountine in you esp32-idf project directly, there are always some errors occured which caused by undefined macro definitions, as the picture shows above.

By many test, I find there are two solutions below to solve the errors, share them for the people who needed.

One solution: using the Kconfig.projbuild file to generate the macro definitions into sdkconfig.h automatically

step1: Create a new esp32s3 idf project using vscode-platformio, but do not compile.

step2: Copy gpio_example_main.c file and Kconfig.projbuild file in
platformio\packages\framework-espidf\examples\peripherals\gpio\generic_gpio\
folder to your project path of src folder, such as
Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\esp32s3_idf_test\src

step3: Delete main.c, and rename gpio_example_main.c to main.c.

step4: Copy Kconfig.projbuild file to your project path of config folder, such as
Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\esp32s3_idf_test8\.pio\build\board_esp32s3\config

step5: Compile the project, then the errors occured by the undefined macro definitions of
CONFIG_GPIO_OUTPUT_0, CONFIG_GPIO_OUTPUT_1, CONFIG_GPIO_INPUT_0, CONFIG_GPIO_INPUT_1
disappeared.

After compiling, if you open the sdkconfig.h file in
Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\esp32s3_idf_test8\.pio\build\board_esp32s3\config
you can find that the macro definitions which needed has been created in sdkconfig.h automatically :

NOTE:

1. I don’t know why must copy the Kconfig.projbuild file into the src folder and the config folder before first compiling, but if I do not do this, the errors shows in the top picture occured.
  2. If I compile the project first, then copy the Kconfig.projbuild file into the src folder and the config folder, and compile the project again, the errors can not solve.
  3. So, the operate order can not change, you must copy first, compile second, don’t reverse.

Another solution: using build_flags in platformio.ini file

Refer to this post: ESP32: blink - won't compile under pio
Add the defines in platformio.ini:
The values are refered to Kconfig.projbuild: