The first stable release of Espressif32 dev/platform is out!

We are pleased to announce the first stable release v1.0.0 of Espressif32 development platform.

What’s New

See Espressif32 Release Notes for details.

Examples

See project examples platform-espressif32/examples at develop · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub

Update

• PlatformIO IDE – please navigate to PIO Home > Platforms > Updates
  • PlatformIO Corer – please run a next CLI command $ pio update

Regards,
The PlatformIO Plus Team

2 Likes

Sure a great step for the library.
But my code, which before with 0.12.0 compiled to a ~1 MB binary now with 1.0.0 generates a ~1.4 MB binary.
Which is too large to fit in the flash memory of the ESP32 (1.25MB).

What can i do? Stick to 0.12.0 forever?

@ivankravets Thank you!! Looks like a wonderful upgrade!! I can confirm it doesn’t break any existing legacy code… :slight_smile:

PS: Is there any chance, the next update can include support for SPI RAM?? The sdkconfig file shows the “make menuconfig” options for the SPI RAM but manually setting that is not having any effect.

Also, the “Arduino as esp-idf component” doesn’t work. Platformio still complains about “Arduino.h” file not found. Inspite of “CONFIG_AUTOSTART_ARDUINO=y” being set in the sdkconfig file.

And also the ESP Wrover kit in the boards list has the RAM size wrong. It should 4MB, instead of the 288KB.

1 Like

Is this ESP-IDF project?

Please file a feature request here Issues · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub with a project example and all details.

We have a feature request for that Arduino as ESP-IDF component · Issue #24 · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub

Thanks! Fixed in Fix RAM size for Espressif ESP-WROVER-KIT · platformio/platform-espressif32@540925e · GitHub

No, it’s Arduino Framework using Espressif32 platform.

Could you file an issue here Issues · espressif/arduino-esp32 · GitHub ?

1 Like

How can i use esp-mdf with platformio?

Please file a feature request here Issues · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub