Thank you very much!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the developers, and let them know their work is greatly appreciated.

I had lost interest in Arduino development, largely I think because I never really got on with the official Arduino IDE. As a somewhat experienced Emacs and GNU/Linux user, not only the text editing part of course, but also hiding too many things, with a confusing and inflexible folder structure, etc… Or maybe I just never spent enough time to properly figure it out. Probably because I didn’t enjoy it?

So recently I wanted to implement OpenMQTTGateway on an Arduino. In their docs (to their credit, IMO) they actually recommend PlatformIO over the official Arduino IDE. This was not the first time I had heard of PlatformIO, but now I made some time the last couple days to read the docs, features, etc. and today I installed the CLI core and Emacs minor mode. And I am very glad I did!

So far, just based on reading where PlatformIO seems to be coming from, and beginning to play around with CLI and Home, etc. a bit, but already I am getting very excited again about Arduino (and (many(!)) other microcontroller!) development again! Excited enough that I wanted to take a moment to register and let you know it…

So, you have my heartfelt gratitude for creating (and perhaps more importantly, sharing, like civilized people!) these wonderful tools! Cheers! :beers:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words! :blush:

Happy coding with PlatformIO! :heart: