We’re happy to announce updated support for a new release
v4.1 of ESP-IDF together with the new version
v2.0.0 of espressif32 dev-platform.
ESP-IDF v4.1 is a minor update for ESP-IDF v4.0. ESP-IDF v4.1 will be supported until February 2023 in accordance with the ESP-IDF Support Policy.
Major enhancements in
- Wi-Fi: Added SAE authentication support for WPA3 Personal
- New Python-based menuconfig tool
- Networking: Added new esp_netif API to manage network interfaces, replaces tcpip_adapter which is now deprecated.
- Classic Bluetooth: Added support for Hands Free Profile (HFP) Audio Gateway (AG)
- DTLS support in libcoap using mbedTLS (#3977)
- Preview support for ESP32-S2 Beta SoC. This support will be replaced with ESP32-S2 SoC support in ESP-IDF v4.2. ESP32-S2 Beta firmware is not compatible with the ESP32-S2 production SoC, and not all features are supported.
What is new in Espressif32 development platform:
- Updated toolchains to the latest
- Fixed broken first-time library installation with
- Fixed an issue with improper compilation of embedded files
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
Use PlatformIO and its professional 1-Click solutions (PIO Unified Debugger, PIO Unit Testing) without dependencies to 3rd party tools or build systems. Everything works out-of-the-box. All famous operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux) and over 10+ popular IDEs are ready to make you happy.
- Release notes for
- Espressif32 release notes
- Official documentation for release v4.1
- PlatformIO Documentation for ESP-IDF
- PlatformIO Documentation for Espressif32 development platform
- Supported boards
- Project examples
Your friends at PlatformIO