Support for CC13xx/CC26xx

The CC13xx/CC26xx MCUs from Texas Instruments combine an ARM Cortex M3 microprocessor with a Sub-1GHz and/or a 2.4Ghz Bluetooth/IEEE 802.15.4 Transceiver.

We use them quite successfully in our products. The MCU is exceptionally low power and the transceiver has long range modes comparable to LoRa and high performance modes for shorter distances.

Their weakest point in our opinion however is the Code Composer Studio IDE which is based on Eclipse. At the moment this is the only way to develop for these MCUs we know of.

Having another option would be quite helpful. It would also enable us to unify our embedded development, because we are also working with SAMD21 and ESP32 MCUs which are already supported.

1 Like

Please file a feature request here Issues · platformio/platform-titiva · GitHub

I have created a platformio support for CC13x0.
You can find it here: GitHub - platformio/platform-ticc13x0: TI CC13x0: development platform for PlatformIO
As I also had to include a “package.json” file in the CC13x0 core file from Energia, I have created a new archive which contains this file here: https://github.com/nanosonde/platformio-packages
It only contains the CC13x0 core.

I have tested the arduino blink example on my CC1310 launchpad and was able to debug and upload using TI onboard XDS110 debug interface which is accessed via openocd.

@ivankravets I would be happy if “plaformio” could integrate this platform in the PIO ecosystem.

1 Like

Great job!!! Nothing to add!

Please publish your dev-platform to the registry as described in Custom Development Platforms — PlatformIO latest documentation

@ivankravets
Thanks for approving my first package.

There is a minor mistake in the docs here: Custom Development Platforms — PlatformIO latest documentation

" you modify a source code of a development platform you will need to increment the “version” field in library.json manifest and re-publish again"

I think it supposed to be “platform.json” instead of “library.json”, isn’t it?

1 Like

Thanks, fixed! :slight_smile: