Support for Adafruit Itsy Bitsy M0 Express?

Are plans for adding this board? (or any tutorials for adding boards to PlatformIO?)

Adafruit claims that the Itsy M0 is “almost” the same as their Feather M0 Express, however programming one with PlatformIO using adafruit_feather_m0_express as the board results in an Itsy that’s unresponsive (does not show up as a serial port) and can only be reprogrammed by double pressing the reset button to force upload mode.

(The Itsy Bitsy M0 Express is supported by the Arduino IDE and I can successfully program one there.)

Any suggestions?

I was actually able to get this working by duplicating the adafruit_feather_m0.json file in .platformio/platforms/atmelsam/boards as adafruit_itsybitsy_m0, then editing the values to match what I found in the boards.txt file from the Arduino app library folder.

I also copied the itsybitsy_m0 folder from the Arduino library folder to .platformio/packages/framework-arduinosam/variants. Not sure if this was necessary, but the “variant” key in the json file seemed like it would require this.

These two changes let me specify a board of adafruit_itsybitsy_m0 and then build and upload with no problems.

It know I’ve hacked things a bit and may have trouble after the next update…

I’d also really like to see official support for the ItsyBitsy M0 as I’ve had trouble getting it working, myself. It’s also troublesome if I want to redistribute my code for the board since people would have to do the same thing to get it working.

Please re-test with Atmel SAM — PlatformIO latest documentation

Added in Add support for new Adafruit boards: ItsyBitsy M0, Feather M4 (SAMD51… · platformio/platform-atmelsam@fd7c51c · GitHub