STM32L5 series board

HI, I just ordered STM32L552 board(Nucleo-144).
I tried to create a project, but I couldn’t find this board information.
Would it be possible to use/add support for the STM32L552 for STM32cube framework?

So, it need to make a custom board file and to fix a variants platform.ini file, would you tell me how to do?

Best regards.

Which framework (Arduino. STM32Cube, libopencm3 etc.) would you like to use?

Thanks for reply. STM32Cube. If possible, I’d like to know how to import peripheral information from STM32Cube and use it on PlatformIO.

What do you man by “import peripheral information”?

To use the board in PlatformIO, a board definition is needed and the framework needs to support the board.

Start with a board definition of a similar board (e.g. platform-ststm32/nucleo_l4r5zi.json at master · platformio/platform-ststm32 · GitHub or platform-ststm32/nucleo_l496zg_p.json at master · platformio/platform-ststm32 · GitHub) and make the necessary modifications, i.e. change things like cortex-m4, -DSTM32L4R5xx, 120000000L, stm32l4r5zit6, STM32L4R5xx, NUCLEO_L4R5ZI, 655360 etc. to fit your board.

Additionally, add "platform": "ststm32", as the second line. Then copy to file to ~/.platformio/boards (or whatever your path to the PlatformIO installation is).

Your board should now be available in PlatformIO. Whether it works is a different questions. The STM32L552 looks like a rather new line of MCUs with a different ARM core than other STM32 chips. If you are unlucky, PlatformIO’s STM32cube package might not include this line yet. And the .svd file might also be missing, causing some problems in the debugger. Give it a try anyway.