STM32F103C8 remap USART1

Hi all.
Is here a kind person that can show or link me to an example, on how to remap USART1 TX/RX from PA9/PA10 to PB6/PB7 ?

platform = ststm32
board = genericSTM32F103C8
framework = arduino

Thanks in advance.
/Jens

This seems more like a usage question for the Arduino core you’re working with (which is GitHub - stm32duino/Arduino_Core_STM32: STM32 core support for Arduino from your configuration).

Have you tried these functions

from the HardwareSerial class which Serial is an instance of?

#include <Arduino.h>

void setup() {
   Serial.setRx(PB_7);
   Serial.setTx(PB_6);
   Serial.begin(115200);
}

void loop() { 
   Serial.println("Hello world");
   delay(1000);
}

Hi maxgerhardt.
Thanks for your quick responce. :+1:
Sorry for the wrong Community :frowning_face:
I have tryed your suggestion, except for one thing, I did not wrote an under score between PB_6/7 !!
I wrote:
Serial.setRx1(PB7);
Serial.setTx1(PB6);

Will try it out.
And move to Arduino core
Thanks a lot
/Jens

Both should be valid actually. PBx is an integer and goes into upper two function calls

wheras PB_x is a PinName enum (source) and go into the lower two functions. The behavior should be the same.

You may also try for fun if it works when you create a custom Serial object

#include <Arduino.h>
HardwareSerial mySerial(PB7, PB6);

void setup() { mySerial.begin(115200); }
void loop() { mySerial.println("Hello"); delay(1000); }

If needs a custom variant with these settings changed, you can also create and use a custom variant with PlatformIO, see e.g. the example here.

Otherwise the STM32Duino people should be able to help you. (https://www.stm32duino.com/)

Hi maxgerhardt
People at the Arduino Core has solved my problem, actually you also did. Have I wrote the line HardwareSerial mySerial(PB7, PB6); as you suggested, and not as I did: HardwareSerial Serial1(PB7, PB6); it would have worked. Serial1 is a preformattered word as I understand it.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :+1:
/Jens