I love the idea of unit testing. However, are there any tricks to making the procedure faster? My rather simple units test takes over 60s when I run it on a RaspberryPi. Even on a desktop it still takes much longer than an avrdude ISP upload.
I want to use unit testing as part of a production upload and test procedure, however over 60s it too slow.
Pio test is compiling the unit test on each runtime, is is possible to tell pio just to execute a pre-compiled unit test?
The workflow of PlatformIO Unit Testing Engine:
- Build project and tests
- Upload firmware to device
- Connect to it via Serial, gather tests results
- Process results, build formatted output
- PIO compiles when a source code of project or test was changed. I
- Do you mean that you don’t want to build/upload each time and just perform steps 3-4 from the workflow above?
I would like to perform steps 2-4 if this is possible.
Hm… Step number 1 takes < 2sec. Could you explain your issue in details?
We added 2 new options for pio test command:
- pio test --without-building
- pio test --without-uploading
Hope that will help you.