…and try and change the
I tried that, but it does not appear to get passed along to avrdude, unfortunately. The programmer errors out as soon as it hits addres 0x8010:
So, I think something still needs to be explicitly changed for avrdude.
How did you perform the miracle of getting an ATMega328 with more physical flash space if I may ask?
Absolutely you may ask!
Our boards are all FPGA-based, and so we have the ability to do a number of custom things to the design. Adding more pmem is an idea we have been discussing and wanting to do for a while. We are able to take advantage of additional flash memory on the FPGA of our newest board for more program memory space.
Still testing things out, but it seems to be working. However, we currently have to modify the avrdude.conf in a more global way to make it work. At least with Arduino.
Since I am a PlatformIO fan, I figured I’d see what options were available to me. I see that you already followed up with a possible solution using a Python script for some pre-processing. I’ll have to give that a try.