[SOLVED] Stoopid beginners question: find dependent versions

A stoopid beginners question concerning version numbers: I can see that everything has a “Platform IO version number”: for instance the latest espressif32 version is 6.0.1. However that version number means nothing to me, what I care about is the native versions of the Espressif tools and the native versions of any underlying frameworks (e.g. Arduino) that I will get if I choose a given “Platform IO” version number of the espressif32 platform.

Is there way to obtain this information from the web interface. i.e. without having to wait 30 minutes to download each platform version? I have browsed around the registry pages but couldn’t immediately find it.

Go to GitHub - platformio/platform-espressif32: Espressif 32: development platform for PlatformIO → Select wanted tag in the upper left corner → open platform.json → check version tag of the framework-arduinoespressif32 package (or whatever other version you’re interested in).

E.g.

→ Arduino-ESP32 2.0.6.

Or for platform-espressif32

→ Arduino-ESP32 2.0.4.

An upgrade of the version is also always mentioned in the release notes.

Aha! Thanks; provided the algorithm for inferring native version from PlatformIO version is consistent, that does the trick for me.