Run esp-zigbee-sdk example in PlatformIO

I would like to run the following example using PlatformIO esp-zigbee-sdk/examples/esp_zigbee_HA_sample/HA_on_off_switch at main · espressif/esp-zigbee-sdk · GitHub

I’m trying to understand how this should work. From ducking around how to add IDF components I found multiple references to this bit of documentation: Espressif IoT Development Framework — PlatformIO latest documentation

However, that seems to be about locally splitting up your code into components, rather than installing dependencies as appears to be the case with a idf_component.yml file.

Should I just manually check them out in the components folder and add them that way, or is there a way to use the idf_component.yml method?

Any other tricky things I’m going to run into when trying to run this example? There are some bits about idf.py menuconfig and sdkconfig.defaults and such.

It turns out that just putting idf_component.yml in your src directory tries to install the components. However, I get the following error

Processing 3 dependencies:
[1/3] espressif/esp-zboss-lib (1.2.1)
[2/3] espressif/esp-zigbee-lib (1.2.1)
[3/3] idf (5.1.2)
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/pepijn/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/floracle/.pio/build/esp32-c6-devkitc-1/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
CMake Error at /home/pepijn/.platformio/packages/framework-espidf/tools/cmake/component.cmake:250 (message):
  ERROR: 2 problems were found in the manifest file
  /home/pepijn/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/floracle/managed_components/espressif__esp-zboss-lib/idf_component.yml:

Invalid manifest format

Unknown keys: repository_info

SUGGESTION: This component may be using a newer version of the component
  manager.

You can try to update the component manager by running:

/home/pepijn/.platformio/penv/.espidf-5.1.2/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade idf-component-manager

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /home/pepijn/.platformio/packages/framework-espidf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:574 (__component_get_requirements)
  /home/pepijn/.platformio/packages/framework-espidf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:547 (idf_build_process)
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (project)

I tried the suggestion but it doesn’t seem to do anything.