Python unindent while trying to build marlin

Recently been trying to make my own configurations of marlin and have been having issues. after a few hours of learning and trying different things, I got a regular marlin to compile, but now after that it won’t compile anything and consistently gives me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Jacob\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\scons.py", line 87, in <module>
    import SCons.Script
  File "C:\Users\Jacob\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\scons-local-4.0.1\SCons\Script\__init__.py", line 138, in <module>
    from . import SConscript
  File "C:\Users\Jacob\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\scons-local-4.0.1\SCons\Script\SConscript.py", line 287
    s                            exec(compile(scriptdata, scriptname, 'exec'), call_stack[-1].globals)
    ^
IndentationError: unexpected unindent

Not really sure where to go from here and the person who was originally helping me wasn’t to sure what to do about it either. any help would be awesome.

Things i have tried already:
Getting fresh new files from github,
Reinstalling VScode and all plugins,
restarting python process,
restarting machine.

Line 287 in

reads for me as

exec(compile(scriptdata, scriptname, 'exec'), call_stack[-1].globals)

aka correctly indented with the surrounding blocks and no s at the beginning of the line.

Just remove the folder

And retry compilation, PIO will redownload a good version of the package.

you sir are a hero. no idea how that got messed up but it is working great now with multiple different versions of marlin! Thank you so much