Project Tasks in VScode stopped switching between project env

I have multiple projects using PlatformIO in VSCode. Not sure what happened, it stopped switching between project env in Project Tasks today.

With the release of PIO IDE v2.3.0, you will need to select a default for which project to build & upload. There is no automatic selection to the project currently being worked on as in V2.2.1. There is an enhancement request raised to provide these as options. More info at Having to separately select a default to compile and upload since v2.3.0 · Issue #2410 · platformio/platformio-vscode-ide · GitHub

The automatic selection had a few quirks but I prefer it over the changes introduced in v2.3.0. Automatic switching is very convenient, faster, and more productive when working on multiple projects on different device platforms.

I wasn’t aware of the changes introduced a few days ago, upgraded and hit the problem thinking it’s a bug until I read a few posts.

I reverted back to v2.2.1 for the time being. Hopefully an option to select a ‘default’ project or the automatic selection to the project currently being worked on will be available in the next release.

2 Likes

yeah, reverted to 2.2.1 and it works. Thanks.