PlatformIO + Zephyr RTOS + ztests (twister)

Hello,

Is there some guide or documentation how to use PlatformIO with Zephyr RTOS and ztests concept? It would also help to know if anybody got to work twister tool with PlatformIO framework-zephyr project?

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Petr

PlatformIO always aims to use its unified unit testing infrastructure, which is based on the “Unity” C library (Redirecting...). I’m very sure that PlatformIO does currently not have the capability to call into twister for the Zephyr ztest thing. If you are working with a particular microcontroller family (e.g., STM32), you can try opening an issue (Issues · platformio/platform-ststm32 · GitHub) for the developers.

Thank you for the reply.
I’ll try to use PlatformIO features. Now, my goal is to compile Zephyr RTOS (zephyr framework) with my Unity test code for native platform. The problem is that when I specify the framework “zephyr”, PlatformIO wants to select the board and I don’t know what the “native.json” file for native board should contain. I don’t have the problem with actual native board specification for Zephyr RTOS, but I can’t get over PlatformIO json board file for “native” board.
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Petr

If you are using platform = native to compile Zephyr for the native computer environment, that is not supported yet and tracked in Feature Request: Zephyr + native_posix board · Issue #14 · platformio/platform-native · GitHub.

thank you for letting me know about that ticket.

Petr