We are happy to announce the major release of PlatformIO IDE 2.4 for Microsoft Visual Studio Code (VSCode)
- Added named status bars: “PlatformIO: Toolbar” and “PlatformIO: Project Environment Switcher” (ability to hide them separately) (issue #2593)
- Added “Verbose Check” project task
- Synchronize VSCode workspaces with PlatformIO Home Projects (requires PlatformIO Core 5.2.3 or above) (issue #1367)
- Automatically switch to newly created project’s environment (issue #2414)
- Fixed an issue when “Copy to Clipboard” does not work in PlatformIO Home on macOS (requires PlatformIO Core 5.2.3 or above) (issue #2570)
- PlatformIO IDE Installer
- Updated installer script to 1.1.0
- Check global PlatformIO Core installation when built-in is disabled
- Handle “Could not find distutils module” error on Linux
- Rebuild project IDE configuration on “platformio.ini” change
See PlatformIO IDE 2.4.0 for VSCode Release Notes for details.
Requires PlatformIO Core 5.2 (or above) and VSCode 1.57 (or above)
Please navigate to “VSCode > View > Extensions” and click “Update”.
Your friends at PlatformIO