\platformio.exe 'run'" terminated with exit code: 1

First off, I have little idea what i am doing, so any serious help would be greatly appreciated…

My computer crashed and i lost everything, been setting up everything anew and for whatever reason atom is no longer working (just constantly unresponsive), so trying out the visual code program. Trying to setup my marlin code for my ender 5 pro/skr 1.3 motherboard and when I go to test the setup i get this error

C:\Users\Steve\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe 'run'" terminated with exit code: 1.

can anyone please help me figure out what i am not doing right?

Are there any errors before that? This just seems to me that compilation has failed.

Have you tried compiling the most simple Blinky firmware for like an Uno yet to verify PIO works in principle?

I’m having the same issue after making marginal changes to the config.h files. Although I can’t be certain of the order of events, I do know that I did update platformio recently and that could be contributing to the error. I have attempted to replace the offending library with a freshly extracted version, however the results were the same. My next attempt, after an install repair, is to delete it all and start from scratch. Until then, here is the error in it’s entirety.

during RTL pass: ira
Marlin\src\HAL\LPC1768\include\i2c_util.c: In function ‘configure_i2c’:
Marlin\src\HAL\LPC1768\include\i2c_util.c:64:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
64 | }
| ^
libbacktrace could not find executable to open
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/ for instructions.
*** [.pio\build\LPC1769\src\src\HAL\LPC1768\include\i2c_util.c.o] Error 1

Morning @david.jamison.hays,

I’m afraid that looks like the actual C++ compiler has crashed, as opposed to PlatformIO.

• Did it compile before you changed config.h?

If so, something you changed broke it. If not, either the compiler doesn’t work, or thre’s something in the Marlin code that’s breaking it.

It’s a right royal PITA, but if this was my problem, I would:

• Revert all changes I made and compile the unchanged code. If it fails, bung the problem back to Marlin.

Then:

• Make one (set of) changes and compile.
  • Repeat until failure, adding one change at a time.

At the end, it’s a bug in Marlin’s code or the compiler or both. Chuck the problem back (to both).

HTH

Cheers,
Norm.

I was able to get it back working, although I changed too many variables (outside of vscode) such as installing atom. I did end up deleting vscode and reinstalling it. I am getting complete functionality again.

Guess the best thing to do is to uninstall, reinstall until it works?

I’ll certainly employ your strategy in the future, this is a super annoying issue

1 Like