PlatformIO Core 4.2 🚀

We’re happy to announce the next release of PlatformIO Core 4.2.0!

platformio_core_4_0

What is new

See PlatformIO 4.2.0 Release Notes for details.

PlatformIO Home 3.1

We are also glad to announce the new version of PlatformIO Home 3.1 with a completely new Project Manager and Configuration Tool for “platformio.ini”!

Project Configuration has been the most requested feature for the last years. A lot of new configuration options were added to “platformio.ini” and it is very difficult to remember all of them. Very often developers even do not know that they can tune default configuration for “build”, “upload”, “debug”, “monitor” and other operations. The new UI for “platformio.ini” provides amazing functionality. Each configuration option is documented and has a direct link to documentation where you can find more details and check examples.

Demo of Project Manager

Recent Projects

Core Configuration

Build environment configuration

Inline library dependency manager

Upgrade

• PlatformIO IDE: Left Sidebar > PlatformIO (icon) > Quick Access > Upgrade PlatformIO Core
  • Terminal: Please run pio upgrade command in terminal.

Regards,
The PlatformIO Team

3 Likes

Hi,
I haverecently installed PlatformIO in Visual Studio Code. VSC has updated automatically once since then. On PIO Home I see that I use Core 4.1.0 and Home 3.0.1 and in recent News I see that Core 4.2 and Home 3.1 are released. I tried your upgrade instructions above, but PIO Home still shows Core 4.1.0. When I run pio upgrade again, it tells me that I am on 4.2.0 and it the newest version. Closing and starting the program again does not change this. What can I do?

How can I upgrade Home to version 3.1?

Thank you for this great software!
Karl

1 Like

Please close VSCode, open system task manager and kill all python.exe processes. Start VSCode.

Sorry for the issue, we work on the quick fix.

1 Like

Hi. I have after upgrading error in my code which work ok. Error is that sdkconfig.h file is not found on asyncTCP lybrary. How can i downgrade to 4.1?

This problem was already solved in PIO 4.2.0 - complile error for AsyncTCP_ID1826 - #4 by maxgerhardt.

2 Likes

Tnx Max!! I do that.

PlatformIO Core 4.2.1 is out!

• Improved VSCode template with special forceInclude field for direct includes via -include flag (issue #3379)
  • Improved support of PIO Home on card-sized PC (Raspberry Pi, etc.) (issue #3313)
  • Froze “marshmallow” dependency to 2.X for Python 2 (issue #3380)
  • Fixed “TypeError: unsupported operand type(s)” when system environment variable is used by project configuration parser (issue #3377)
  • Fixed an issue when Library Dependency Finder (LDF) ignores custom “libLDFMode” and “libCompatMode” options in library.json
  • Fixed an issue when generating of compilation database “compile_commands.json” does not work with Python 2.7 (issue #3378)

See PlatformIO 4.2.1 Release Notes for details.

Upgrade

• PlatformIO IDE: Left Sidebar > PlatformIO (icon) > Quick Access > Upgrade PlatformIO Core
  • Terminal: Please run pio upgrade command in terminal.

Regards,
The PlatformIO Team

2 Likes