PlatformIO Core 4.0.1

We’re happy to announce the next release of PlatformIO Core 4.0.1!

What is new

• Print debug tool name for the active debugging session
  • Do not shutdown PIO Home Server for “upgrade” operations (issue #2784)
  • Improved computing of project check sum (structure, configuration) and avoid unnecessary rebuilding
  • Improved printing of tabulated results
  • Automatically normalize file system paths to UNIX-style for Project Generator (issue #2857)
  • Ability to set “databaseFilename” for VSCode and C/C++ extension (issue #2825)
  • Renamed “enable_ssl” setting to strict_ssl
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect escaping of Windows slashes when using PIO Unified Debugger and “piped” openOCD
  • Fixed an issue when “debug”, “home”, “run”, and “test” commands were not shown in “platformio --help” CLI
  • Fixed an issue with PIO Home’s “No JSON object could be decoded” (issue #2823)
  • Fixed an issue when library.json had priority over project configuration for LDF (issue #2867)
    See PlatformIO 4.0.1 Release Notes for details.

Upgrade

• PlatformIO IDE:
    - Atom: Menu: PlatformIO > Upgrade PlatformIO Core
    - VSCode: Left Sidebar > PlatformIO (icon) > Quick Access > Upgrade PlatformIO Core
  • Terminal: Please run pio upgrade command in terminal.

Regards,
The PlatformIO Team

1 Like

I have been using 4.0.1b for a week now, long days of learning and fun. It is simply great, I think it is best professional development tool to target micro-controllers of multiple chip makers. I used it with Arduino libs, hardware specific stuff doesn’t get bundled with application (like Keil or TrueStudio). Debugging works nicely, once I got hang of it. Takes a bit of effort to figure out how to wire ESP32 to ESP-Prog and to set software switches. I hope you keep on developing this product:)

2 Likes