We are pleased to announce the release of PlatformIO Core 3.5.0.
What is new
PlatformIO Core 3.5.0 introduces many new features and performance improvements. The notable changes are as follows:
PlatformIO Home - interact with PlatformIO ecosystem using modern and cross-platform GUI:
- Library Manager:
- Search for new libraries in PlatformIO Registry
- “1-click” library installation, per-project libraries, extra storages
- List installed libraries in multiple storages
- List built-in libraries (by frameworks)
- Updates for installed libraries
- Multiple examples, trending libraries, and more.
- PlatformIO Projects
- PIO Account
- Development platforms, frameworks and board explorer
- Device Manager: serial, logical, and multicast DNS services
- Library Manager:
- Integration with Jenkins CI
- New include folder for project’s header files (issue #1107)
- Depend on development platform using VCS URL (Git, Mercurial and Subversion) instead of a name in Project Configuration File “platformio.ini”. Drop support for
*_stagedev/platform names (use VCS URL instead).
- Reinstall/redownload package with a new
-f, --forceoption for platformio lib install and platformio platform install commands (issue #778)
- Handle missed dependencies and provide a solution based on PlatformIO Library Registry (issue #781)
- New setting projects_dir that allows to override a default PIO Home Projects location (issue #1161)
Library Dependency Finder (LDF):
- Search for dependencies used in PIO Unit Testing (issue #953)
- Parse library source file in pair with a header when they have the same name (issue #1175)
- Handle library dependencies defined as VCS or SemVer in Project Configuration File “platformio.ini” (issue #1155)
- Added option to configure library Compatible Mode using library.json
- New options for platformio device list command:
--seriallist available serial ports (default)
--logicallist logical devices
--mdnsdiscover multicast DNS services (issue #463)
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
See PlatformIO 3.5 Release Notes for details.
- Atom: Menu: PlatformIO > Upgrade PlatformIO Core
ctrl+alt+t, Run Other Tasks > Upgrade PlatformIO Core
PlatformIO Core: Please run