Platformio cannot download any platform, update nor library

I’ve just installed PIO core (CLI) on the Ubuntu 14 with Python 3.4.6 (the latest one you can have for Ubuntu 14).

PIO itself works, but when I try to compile anything, I get an error during downloading from the registry:

pio run
Processing d1_mini (platform: espressif32; board: esp-wrover-kit; framework: arduino)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Platform Manager: Installing espressif32
Error: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.registry.ns1.platformio.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v3/packages?query=type%3A%22platform%22+name%3A%22espressif32%22 (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:852)'),))

Is there any way to disable SSL checks?

Regards,

P.

[EDIT]

export CURL_CA_BUNDLE=""

seems to do the trick but disables in all Python environments. Is there a way to disable it just for the platformio solely?

The minimum supported Python version is 3.6 :frowning: Sorry.
Maybe, this post will help you update python 3.8 to 3.10 ubuntu server - Code Examples & Solutions

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I made it to work with 3.4.6 finally. As mentioned the real reason is, curl (that stands behind pio library manager to download contents) has a bug in the SSL under Ubuntu 14. So far, the only way is to disable CA verification at all but that affects the whole OS. I understand that pio has no choice here cause it is an underlying os level tool.

Following the link for Python 3.8, unfortunately it won’t work, as it does not let pip install. And without pip you cannot install platformio then.