Platformio and telegram bot

I have very strange situation. I wrote for nodemcu 1.0 (telegram bot) and compiled and uploaded it with arduino ide. And it works perfectly.
After I installed visual studio code and PlatformIO with the same versions of libraries. Code was successfully compiled and uploaded into the same board. But it doesn’t work.
In serial monitor I can see that Bboard connect to my Wi-Fi spot, but it seems that bot doesn’t receive any messages.
Any ideas?

Without knowing your exact code, platformio.ini and the library and Arduino versions used previously, it’s hard to solve the problem.

1 Like

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>#include <WiFiClientSecure.h>#include <UniversalTele - Pastebin.com here is the code
Arduino IDE version : 1.8.5
VSCode version: 1.31.1

Libraries versions:
UniversalTelegramBot : 1.1.0
ArduinoJson : 5.13.1
Adafruit BME280 Library : 1.0.8
Adafruit Unified Sensor: 1.0.2

platformio.ini

[env:nodemcuv2]
platform = espressif8266
board = nodemcuv2
framework = arduino
lib_extra_dirs = C:\Users\Slip.platformio\lib
monitor_speed = 115200
upload_speed = 115200
upload_port = COM3

In your Arduino IDE, what’s the version of the ESP8266 platform package?

I don’t know.
How can I check it?

Seems like your problem is known here: The Bot doesn't receives anything · Issue #104 · witnessmenow/Universal-Arduino-Telegram-Bot · GitHub

They say you need Arduino core 2.4. You can get that by going into your platformio.ini and stating

platform = espressif8266@1.8.0 
3 Likes

In your Arduino IDE, ‘Tools → Board → Boards Manager’, there should be ESP8266 with a version string.

Yes. Version of esp8266 core in ArduinoIDE is 2.4.2

Will try to recomplie with platform = espressif8266@1.8.0

Thanks a lot!

Thank you so much!
Everything works!
Now I can uninstall Arduino IDE )))

2 Likes

Cool :slight_smile: remember to have look at Releases · platformio/platform-espressif8266 · GitHub and The Bot doesn't receives anything · Issue #104 · witnessmenow/Universal-Arduino-Telegram-Bot · GitHub so that you can use the latest Arduino core releases once the library is fixed :+1:

1 Like