Platform IO uploads to wrong port

Hello guys!

It may be a newbie question, but for some reason I can’t change the upload port in my Platform IO Project. I’m using VSC and two Teensys both connected to one of my Macbooks USB port. Even though I insert the line upload_port = /dev/cu.usbmodem94200901 inside platformio.ini inside the project which I want to upload to my Teensy 4.1 (connected to usbmodem94200901) it still uploads it to the other USB port which goes to my Teensy 4.0. It just doesn’t seem to work. I’m also aware of the dev:… button at the bottom, but that doesn’t solve the problem either.
I just simply want to have two project windows where I can send one of the projects to the Teensy 4.1 and the other one to the Teensy 4.0
Do you have any ideas maybe?
Thank you in advance!

upload_port is not respected in the teensy platforms due to the limitations of the default uploader programs. This is already discussed in 20.04 - How to program multiple Teensy's in platformIO simultaneously on Ubuntu? - Ask Ubuntu and --upload-port flag has no effect · Issue #44 · platformio/platform-teensy · GitHub.

Thank you for your answer Max!
I got the TyCommander running and it recognizes both teensys and works just fine.
But I just can’t figure out how to use or install tycmd. Could you help me?
In the folder which you can download from the github page, there is only TyCommander and TyUploader…

Releases · Koromix/tytools · GitHub TyTools-0.9.8-win64.zip

For some reason, there is no tycmd in the Mac version…

But it’s in the .dmg fle…

grafik

tycmd doesn’t respond on the commandline?

No, it doesn’t… I have really no idea :worried:
I mean, maybe I’m doing something wrong. Shouldn’t it simply work by opening Mac’s Terminal and typing it tycmd help for example? Or just simply tycmd?
I can open the tycmd Terminal File in the folder but I can’t type in there anything…

I’m not particularly familiar with Mac, other than seeing the tycmd executable does exist in the .dmg package. If you installed it, I don’t see why tycmd shouldn’t be available in the shell or at least be in the same folder as TyCommander etc in /Applications. Maybe the other can help you when you open an issue at Issues · Koromix/tytools · GitHub.

Yes, it’s weird… Thank you anyways Max! I’ll open an issue :slight_smile: