Pio/platformio not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script

Guys

I recently installed Platformio from VSCode and after trying to login through the cli (terminal on the platformio home) I get this code.

My system has python 3.7.2 but apparently this version might not be supported by PIO (?).

I encountered this issue when trying to login using my alternative password on the cli since I couldn’t find a login page to type a new password in order to recover my account.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

2019-08-17%2013_46_06-PIO%20Home%20-%20Visual%20Studio%20Code
Regards

dzalf

By default PIO tools are not put in the PATH of your system for the console to find.

You can just open VSCode and open a PIO terminal, as described in the documentation.

Or if you do want it to be usable from a shell (like I do), the FAQ tells you how to put it in your PATH.

2 Likes

Dear max

So basically after compiling my first project I tried typing again the command pio --version and it responded successfully.

I am not quite sure if the console was disabled being that I did not have any project opened.

Thanks for your kind help.

After 5+ years of using the Arduino IDE I decided to migrate to PIO and I must admit that I AM IN LOVE already

Cheerio

dzalf