.pio\build\d1_minix\src\dmx.cpp.o: file not recognized: file format not recognized

Hi,
when compiling WLED I get the following error:

Retrieved `.pio\build\d1_minix\FrameworkArduino\umm_malloc\umm_integrity.c.o' from cache
Retrieved `.pio\build\d1_minix\FrameworkArduino\umm_malloc\umm_local.c.o' from cache
Retrieved `.pio\build\d1_minix\FrameworkArduino\umm_malloc\umm_malloc.cpp.o' from cache
Retrieved `.pio\build\d1_minix\FrameworkArduino\umm_malloc\umm_poison.c.o' from cache
Retrieved `.pio\build\d1_minix\FrameworkArduino\wpa2_eap_patch.cpp.o' from cache
Retrieved `.pio\build\d1_minix\libFrameworkArduino.a' from cache
Linking .pio\build\d1_minix\firmware.elf
.pio\build\d1_minix\src\dmx.cpp.o: file not recognized: file format not recognized
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
*** [.pio\build\d1_minix\firmware.elf] Error 1
========================================================================================= [FAILED] Took 17.17 seconds =========================================================================================

Environment    Status    Duration
-------------  --------  ------------
d1_minix       FAILED    00:00:17.174
==================================================================================== 1 failed, 0 succeeded in 00:00:17.174 ==================================================================================== 

This happens since the system crashed, I tried to delete the cache folders:

But somehow it still happens and I don’t know hoe to force a compete redo. Deleting the build folder also does not help.

Any Idea what I can try else?

I don’t think the Visual Studio cache has anything to do with it.
There are probably corrupted files in the build directory.

Delete the build directory (.pio/build) within the project directory and run the build again.

1 Like