PackageManager is unable to install tool

Could someone provide TeamViewer access to debug this issue?

Hallo Ivan,

I could provide a TeamViewer session tomorrow, if thatā€™s ok for you?
Just drop me a PM, when youā€™re ready to go.

Iā€™m having similar issues here as well on Windows 10 and VS Code. No anti-virus installed just Windows defender (disabling Windows defender doesnā€™t help) Iā€™ve also tried on 2 different machines with the same result;

> Executing task: platformio.exe run --target upload <

[12/05/17 10:24:37] Processing mzeropro (platform: atmelsam; board: mzeropro; framework: arduino)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PackageManager: Installing tool-openocd @ ~1.900.2
Downloading  [#-----------------------------------]    4%
Please manually remove file `C:\Users\dale\.platformio\packages\_tmp_installing-5ht39b-package\tool-openocd-windows-1.900.2.tar.gz`
Warning! Package Mirror: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'C:\\Users\\dale\\.platformio\\packages\\_tmp_installing-5ht39b-package\\tool-openocd-windows-1.900.2.tar.gz'
Looking for other mirror...
Downloading  [------------------------------------]    2%
Please manually remove file `C:\Users\dale\.platformio\packages\_tmp_installing-guu8jj-package\tool-openocd-windows-1.900.2.tar.gz`
Warning! Package Mirror: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'C:\\Users\\dale\\.platformio\\packages\\_tmp_installing-guu8jj-package\\tool-openocd-windows-1.900.2.tar.gz'
Looking for other mirror...
Error: Could not install 'tool-openocd' with version requirements '~1.900.2' for your system 'windows_amd64'.
If you use Antivirus, it can block PlatformIO Package Manager. Try to disable it for a while.
The terminal process terminated with exit code: 1

Same issue on windows 10 when installing tools for intel_arc32ā€¦manully download and extract works.
if you donot know how to find the download url, check out here :https://dl.bintray.com/platformio/dl-packages/manifest.json,
and you can find the list of tools in the platform.json located in YOUR_INSTALL_PATH\.platformio\platforms\your board\

Iā€™m having similar issues above. I try to install tool-avrdude individual in Windows PowerShell with this command: platformio platform install https://github.com/platformio/platform-atmelavr.git --with-package=tool-avrdude. So, surprise ! Itā€™s work ! :smiley:

Yep! This worked for me! I manually extracted avrdude (in my case) and the rest of my issues went away. Thank you!!

This is a known issue, see temporary solution

UPDATE MARCH 1
I tried again the quick solution and it works:

1. Add PATH variable in Windows with C:\Users{user name}.platformio\penv\Scripts
  2. Open Windows power shell
  3. Run pio run --target upload
  4. The packages is downloaded
  5. Upload now works in PIO IDE

It really works well! Thank you.

I have the same issue

Processing genericSTM32F103C8 (platform: ststm32; board: genericSTM32F103C8; framework: arduino)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tool Manager: Installing platformio/framework-arduinoststm32 @ ~4.20100.0
Unpacking  [###################################-]   97%  00:00:01
Unpacking...