Override sdkconfig for espressif32 platform and arduino framework

How can I override an sdkconfig value, specifically CONFIG_PARTITION_TABLE_MD5, in my application that is being built via platformio “stock” platform: espressif32.

I did some digging and found that the sdkconfig being used was this one: /Users/myname/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif32@3.20004.220818/tools/sdk/esp32/dio_qspi/include/sdkconfig.h

I tried changing the value in that file and rebuilding via platformio and it does not seem to have worked.

How do I keep the same build process but edit the sdk ?

I have the following in my .ini file:

framework = arduino
platform = platformio/espressif32@^5.1.0

Thank you!

Due to the fact that Arduino is pre-compiled, this is not possible and changes to the sdkconfig will have no effect.

You can create an ESP-IDF project with Arduino as component.
This allows you to use menu-config to change parameters.

You can find a detailed post about this here: Arduino as ESPIF Component in PlatformIO - solution that works

Any reason using such an old platform version (Arduino 2.0.4 based on ESP-IDF 4.4.1)?
The current version is 6.7.0 (Arduino 2.0.16 based on ESP-IDF 4.4.7)

Thank you so much! I was able to add arduino as a component. Now I am getting new errors…

It seems one of the packages as part of the framework wont compile?

/Users/myname/.platformio/packages/framework-espidf/components/libsodium/libsodium/src/libsodium/crypto_pwhash/argon2/argon2-encoding.c:265:31: error: ‘sodium_base64_VARIANT_ORIGINAL_NO_PADDING’ undeclared (first use in this function)
sodium_base64_VARIANT_ORIGINAL_NO_PADDING) == NULL) {
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/myname/.platformio/packages/framework-espidf/components/libsodium/libsodium/src/libsodium/crypto_pwhash/argon2/argon2-encoding.c:265:31: note: in definition of macro ‘SB’
sodium_base64_VARIANT_ORIGINAL_NO_PADDING) == NULL) {
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any idea?