PlatformIO Community

Ok I just paid so I could use the debugger, but it's still saying I don't have permission to debug

Not very happy that I just paid good money to use something and it won’t let me. Already pissed that I didn’t realize the debugger cost money, and I created an account 2 months ago and didn’t even have a JTAG device until today which meant I never even got a trial.

Could you please provide some information about:

• The PlatformIO version of your installation
  • The IDE you use
  • Your operation system
  • Which JTAG Adapter and (development) board you’re using
  • Exacly, which error do you get
  • What’ your PIO Plus Plan

Greetings

We need the exact error message here. Also, are you using it with the VSCode IDE or from the shell?

If you are using the CLI: Especially important are the output of the commands pio account show. If it tells you “You are not logged in.”, then do a pio account login and fill in the details. Note that the account on the community forum might be different to the account details entered here.

If using the IDE: Check that you are logged in and that you see your plans you’ve paid for. http://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/plus/pio-account.html#platformio-ide

Could you try to logout/login again?

Yes I was able to get it working after logging out and logging back in again in PIO.