PlatformIO Community

🎄 Official support for Zephyr Project

We’re happy to announce initial support for Zephyr Project, a scalable real-time operating system (RTOS) supporting multiple hardware architectures, optimized for resource-constrained devices, and built with safety and security in mind.

You can finally use PlatformIO and its professional 1-Click solutions (PIO Unified Debugger, PIO Unit Testing) without dependencies to 3rd party tools or build systems. Everything works out-of-the-box. All famous operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux) and over 10+ popular IDEs are ready to make you happy these holidays.

Happy New Year! :yellow_heart: :christmas_tree: :santa:

Links

Examples

Demos

PlatformIO IDE for VSCode

CLion with PlatformIO plugin

Eclipse IDE

3 Likes

Thanks for this! I was hoping I would be able to start the journey of programming my PineTime development board with PlatformIO… and just in time, you implement support for Zephyr! :smiley: :smiley: So it looks like Mbed and Zephyr are in it’s immediate future! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the zephyr support :slight_smile:
I have a question though… when creating a project based on the nrf52840 board which zephyr base is used… is the ZEPHYR_BASE env var used? and if not can I set the zephyr base in my project? thanks.

1 Like

Hi @sameraugury! We specify our local ZEPHYR_BASE variable in an isolated environment. ZEPHYR_BASE value is equal to the path to framework-zephyr package.