Hello PlatformIO Community!
I’m not a complete noob, did some development for ATmegas in Code::Blocks, so I think I do know the basics.
Because the ATmegas started to show their age and ran out of the power required for my project (interrupts got starved), I’m now trying to get started with a Nucleo F411RE using PlatformIO. So far I love everything I’ve seen, but…
Obviously my first step is to get the blink example working, but PlatformIO keeps telling me that my board doesn’t support the framework I’m trying.
Maybe I’m just missing something obvious, but I just cant’ figure it out.
Could anybody please help me, I just don’t want to leave before even getting something to blink!
To give you some context, this is what I’ve done so far:
- Installed PlatformIO IDE (obviously).
- Installed the udev rules (this is on ubuntu 16.04).
- Verified with dmesg -w that the nucleo is recognized when plugged in. There are no errors or signs of unknown device signatures, mass storage and serial device do show up.
- Upgraded the firmware of my nucleo’s stlink with the current version just downloaded today.
- Opened the project example stm32-cmsis-blink, shaking with excitement.
- Modified platformio.ini:
platform = ststm32
framework = cmsis
board = nucleo_f411re
upload_protocol = stlink
- Adding or removing “upload_protocol = stlink” made no difference, btw.
- Typed “platformio run -v” and… got disappointed:
me@mybox:/tmp/stm32-cmsis-blink-117116-3444-nfnaj7.wqy1p58kt9$ platformio run -v
Processing nucleo_f411re (upload_protocol: stlink, platform: ststm32, board: nucleo_f411re, framework: cmsis)
Error: This board doesn’t support cmsis framework!
[ERROR] Took 0.28 seconds
- The same happened for stm32-spl-blink and stm32-libopencm3-blink, although as far as I can tell all three of them should work.
- Searched the community and tried some messing around with the json-definition for that board, but to no avail. As I didn’t really understand what I was doing, I reverted all the changes for fear of messing up even more.
Thanks in advance for any pointers to what I should do.