Nrf52840dk compile error

Hi All

I have been developing on a Seed XIAO nRF52840 and have now purchased a nRF52840DK for debugging.

Following the documentation to update the platformio.ini I updated my ini file
https://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/boards/nordicnrf52/nrf52840_dk_adafruit.html

[env:nrf52840_dk_adafruit]
platform = nordicnrf52
board = nrf52840_dk_adafruit
framework = arduino
debug_tool = jlink
upload_protocol = jlink
monitor_speed = 115200

; change microcontroller
board_build.mcu = nrf52840

; change MCU frequency
board_build.f_cpu = 64000000L

lib_deps =
# RECOMMENDED
# Accept new functionality in a backwards compatible manner and patches
adafruit/Adafruit nRFCrypto @ ^0.1.2
bblanchon/ArduinoJson @ ^6.21.4

I am getting the following link error
.platformio/packages/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi@1.70201.0/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lnrf_cc310_0.9.13-no-interrupts

It looks to be related to this ticket.

Are there any work arounds I can use here?

Thanks
Dave

This library should already be included in the Arduino core. What hapens when you remove that line, delete the .pio folder in the project and rebuild?

Hi Max

Yes that did the trick, removing the nRFCrypto library allowed a successful build.

When using the XIAO profile it did allow a build with that library still specified.

What is interesting is that I added that library to resolve a problem when I first started working with the XIAO nRF in that if would not build as it said that library was missing unless manually added.

I have seen that a few times where platformio complains about in-built libraries, like Wire or SPI, but removing the pio folder and restarting VS Code solves the problem.

Thanks again.
Dave

1 Like