No board for WeMos D1 mini lite

Hello Everyone!

I’m trying to work with Platformio and Arduino with WeMos D1 mini lite. This board is a shorten by memory version of convenient D1 mini. According to the documentation and to the boards in the board manage this board is fully supported.

But wen I’m trying to select this board for my sketch in Arduino Board Configuration then I see only D1 R2 & mini and don’t see my ‘mini lite’. So in that case I can’t select the right memory size and can’t upload my sketch to the board as well.

So the question is what to do?

I’ve found how to solve this problem in Arduino IDE. I had to add ‘lite’ definition into boards.txt as it is written here Запускаем WeMos D1 Mini Lite под Arduino | Многобукфф

Let’s see what I can do with Platformio

After fixing it in ArduinoIDE and rebooting of Platformio I found this board in the board manager. But I still can’t compile it with the following reasons:
Error: Could not find ‘eagle.flash.1m64.ld’ LD script in LDPATH ‘c:\Users\vkrav\Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\Test Duino.pioenvs\d1_mini_lite C:\Users\vkrav.platformio\packages\sdk-esp8266\lib C:\Users\vkrav.platformio\packages\sdk-esp8266\ld’
Error: Could not find ‘eagle.flash.1m64.ld’ LD script in LDPATH ‘c:\Users\vkrav\Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\Test Duino.pioenvs\d1_mini_lite C:\Users\vkrav.platformio\packages\sdk-esp8266\lib C:\Users\vkrav.platformio\packages\sdk-esp8266\ld’
*** [.pioenvs\d1_mini_lite\eagle.flash.bin] Error 1

I’ve added LDPATH to the system variables to the dir where the requested file is located. No success. Then I copy this file to the showed LDPATH in the error (in my case it is d1_mini_lite). The compilation error above disappear but I got another one that Arduiono classes are missed. I think that just copying of the files is not the best option.

I’ve just re-tested this board and it works without an issues. What is your platformio.ini?

Here is is:
[env:d1_mini_lite]
platform = espressif8266
board = d1_mini_lite
; change microcontroller
board_build.mcu = esp8266
; change MCU frequency
board_build.f_cpu = 80000000L

Could you try to create a project without a space in the folder name?

OK. I did the following:

1. Clean install of Win10
  2. Clean install of Arduino IDE
  3. Clean install of ESP8266 boards via Arduino Boards Manager in Arduino IDE. With this http://arduino.esp8266.com/versions/2.3.0/package_esp8266com_index.json

So, here I don’t see D1 Mini Lite board in Arduino IDE.

1. Install VS Code and PlatformIO in it.
  2. I see D1 mini lite in Boards Explorer
  3. Start a new project with Mini Lite (I was able to select this board during project setup).
  4. Try to compile. And it works.

I think that the problem was in a wired definition if Lite in Arduino IDE & ESP3286 definitions (current definition contains an error so Lite is not available without manual writing of its definition) installations.

What is Arduino IDE? PlatformIO does not depend on Arduino IDE or use it. Please uninstall Arduino IDE and use PlatformIO IDE.

Happy coding with PlatformIO! :blush: