Missing menu topics in Menuconfig

I wanted to try the ‘restful_server’ example, but I have problems configuring the example. As I understand the readme file in the example I need to configure the project via the Menuconfig but I don’t see any ‘Example Configuration’ topic in my Menuconfig - it look like this:

Should I configure the restful_server project otherwise when using pio?

So, you also copied the Kconfig.projbuild, which generates these menu ptions, from that example into your project’s source folder right?

@maxgerhardt
Ahh, the reason for trying this example was to learn something new, and I already did - thanks. I didn’t know the Menuconfig ‘system’ was configurable.

BTW the readme file also reference an ‘Example Connection Configuration’ topic, that doesn’t seem to be there - an old readme file perhaps?

No, that must also be there if the project compiles successfully. The firmware code references the function

which comes from a component that is commonly referenced by all examples protocol_examples_common, and that component has a KConfig file

that defines the Example Connection Configuration menu.

So if that is not there the example is not being copied correctly, the PlatformIO project must have a components folder with the protocol_examples_components folder (that is also locally in C:\Users\<user>\.platformio\packages\framework-espidf\examples\common_components\protocol_examples_common), as per documentation and official example.